RIM at a glance[edit | edit source]
Establishment[edit | edit source]
The Royal Institute of Management (RIM), established as the country’s apex management training institute, has been mandated to “impart, promote and improve professional knowledge and skills in management and public administration in both public as well as private sector in the nation” towards complementing the achievement of our national goal. The institute was established in 1986 and was incorporated as an autonomous institute in 1990 under the Royal Charter with a Board of Directors as its governing authority.As the only Government management Institute, RIM has been solely engaged in supporting the human resource development need of the country, especially for the civil service. RIM’s intervention in the national human resource capacity building was primarily through training, research and consultancy activities.
Presently, the Institute plays a crucial role in the areas of:
- Training and capacity development of the civil service in close coordination with the Royal Civil Service Commission;
- Capacity development needs of local governance institutions and agencies aimed at facilitating the decentralization initiative of the Royal Government;
- Supporting the private sector development through niche training interventions in support of their human resource development initiatives.
Vision & Mission[edit | edit source]
Vision[edit | edit source]
“A center of excellence in education, training and research services for management and public administration”
Mission Statements[edit | edit source]
- Provide relevant pre-service and in-service courses of study for executives and professionals;
- Undertake research in the field of management, public administration and training;
- Provide consultancy and training advisory services to the public and private sector organizations
Aspirations[edit | edit source]
- To offer Innovative management programmes capable of producing graduates who can create new opportunities and ventures
- Undertake research,consultancy and advisory services and be recognized as a ‘think tank’ in management development
- Serve as a confluence of management knowledge and practices providing effective interfaces between public, private and civil societies
- Be recognized as a leading management institute in the region with a special focus on ethical governance
- Serve as a model management institute in terms of its outlook, programmes, facilities, technologies and systems
- Be a center of choice for students, academicians, researchers and professionals
Strategic Areas[edit | edit source]
In realizing the above vision and mission, RIM has identified 6 key strategic areas
- Position RIM as a nationally and internationally recognized center of excellence in management development & policy research
- Benchmark RIM programs & services for national & international credibility
- Be recognized for the quality of advisory & research services
- Develop partnerships & networking arrangements with regional & international management training institutions to leverage their reputation & access their intellectual capital
- Generate revenue to support future sustenance, provide incentives for faculty & attract high expertise.
- Build the profile of faculty through increasing academic qualifications at the Masters and PhD level, and by attracting international faculty.
RIM Values[edit | edit source]
Successful organizations uphold a set of core values. These serve as the life force for the members of the organization in all their attitudes and behaviours. They have been set out to ensure that everyone will ‘pull in the same direction.’ The Institute’s core values comprise the following:
1. Excellence: We shall strive to maintain the highest form of standard in all our professional endeavors.
2. Discipline: We shall uphold the image of the Institute in our internal and external dealings and shall not waver in our loyalty to the Institute and Tsa-wa-sum.
3. Innovation: We shall promote innovation and creativity that serves the interest of the institute and the country.
4. Team work: We are the members of a family and shall work together to create synergy by emerging our collective wisdom and talent.
5. Accountability: We shall from any activities that would be in conflict with the interest of the institute and Tsa-wa-sum, and shall be accountable for our words and actions.
6. Transparency: We shall ensure ethical behavior,integrity and openness in our systems, procedures and actions in order to reinforce an organization culture that is based on trust and confidence
Establishment of Center of Excellence as RIM's Initiative to Knowledge Creation and Management[edit | edit source]
The term Center for Excellence, referred to as CoE from here on, refers to a team of skilled knowledge workers whose mission is to provide the organization they work for with best practices around a particular area of interest.
Towards the ultimate goal of building RIM's capability to provide evidence-based policy recommendation to the RGoB, and to promote the collaborations between Bhutanese experts, the CoE in various field is envisaged. RIM hope that this initiative will create a network of experts in the various field and enable the professionals to work together to create knowledge which could then be built over time to aid policy decisions in the future.
RIMWiki is a Content Management System that shall help the professional experts identified within various field to collaboratively work together to create, update, validate and verify pages and documentations that put data/information/knowledge within the various CoEs. It allows the experts to collaborate and work remotely on their own conveniences remotely. Please use the title given below to navigate to the specific CoE.